The WIRES-X node consists of a PC, the WIRES-X connection kit HRI-200 and a transceiver and is a repeater station used as the WIRES-X access point to connect the Internet and the wireless signal alternatively.
The WIRES-X node can open and run a community space "room" where multiple nodes can connect at the same time. Furthermore, the news functions allows you to upload/download messages or images to/from each node or room.
WIRES-X connection kit HRI-200
・For a C4FM digital node:
C4FM digital transceiver with a 10-pin Mini-DIN data jack
・For an FM analog node:
C4FM digital transceiver with a 10-pin Mini-DIN data jack or
FM analog transceiver with a 6-pin Mini-DIN data jack
To use WIRES-X, the transceiver firmware must support WIRES-X.
For updating information of the firmware, visit the following website. Download the firmware supporting WIRES-X.
• OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 / 8.1 / 10
• Clock frequency: 2.0 GHz or more
• HDD: 1 GB of empty space or more
• RAM: 2 GB or more
• USB port: 2.0 (Full-speed)
• Display resolution: 1366 x 768 or more
16-bit high color or more (32-bit true color is recommended)
• LAN port: 100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T
A wired connection is recommended.
• ADSL 8 Mbps or more (High-speed connection is recommended)
• Global IP address (Either a dynamic or fixed global IP address can be used)
One address is required for a WIRES-X node.
• With the router setting function such as "NAT", "port mapping" or "address conversion function", open the following 6 UDP ports from the PC IP address used for WIRES-X.
*Using the WIRES-X software port check function, you can easily check whether the ports are open properly or not.
With a router supporting the UPnP function, using the UPnP automatic registration function of the WIRES-X software allows you to open the UDP ports easily.